About the blog:
The title “Blonde on Budget” has an ambiguous meaning to it. I want it to reflect both the challenges as well as opportunities living on a budget will bring, but also how it`s possible to be a girl in a materialistic world without it having to break the budget.
I`m the writer behind this blog, Blonde on Budget, a title which I think fits me really well. I`m what you might call “blond by choice” (it requires adding a lot of hair colour), and a student of English Literature and General Linguistics BA. Which I hope I will be able to finish by summer 2013, so that I can continue following my dream to become the best English teacher ever!I also have a dream of becoming a translator.
- Being a student means that I`ve had to live on a tight budget for several years, but it wasn`t until 2011 that I really learned what it means to follow one and how to make the most of it. I`m always in search of some new, inspiring ways to save money and make the most of what I`ve got.
- I love listening to Taylor Swift, while making something fabulous in the kitchen, either it`d be chocolate chip cookies, french macaroons, or superhealthy bread. If it just happens to be a friday night I`d love a glass of white wine along with that.
- Travelling is something I feel born to do. I`ve been to Finland, England, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, France, Andorra, the Czech Republic, Sweden and Denmark. I`ve also lived in the Canary Islands.
- I love dogs. Particularly Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, as I used to have one. Sadly, dogs don`t live as long as humans. I still find it so unfair that these wonderful creatures who are totally devoted to us humans aren`t given the opportunity to follow us through life. Instead we follow them through theirs.
- One of the main purposes of writing this blog is also for me to get more comfortable with writing in English, both in everyday writing and academic writing.